Just signed up for Later? Or maybe you need a refresher? Here we'll outline Later's key features to get you started.
What is Later?
Later’s an all-in-one platform for visual social media marketing. With Later you can:
- Upload and collect media in the Media Library
- Schedule and publish media posts for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Analyze post performance
- Drive traffic from your Instagram bio to your sites using Linkin.bio
- And much more!
Add Your Social Profiles
To start scheduling, first you’ll connect your social profiles.
To do this, click the + button at the top of the Calendar. You’ll be asked to log in to the social profile. This will grant Later permission to publish and gather data for you.
Upload Photos and Videos
To upload, drag and drop media into Later. Or click the Upload Media, Google Drive, or Dropbox button at the top of the side library.
Schedule Your Posts
Later helps you plan your entire week (or month) from your computer or mobile device, so you can schedule posts in advance and forget about them. Here’s a quick look at how to schedule posts from Later on the web:
- At the top of the Calendar, select the social profile(s) you want to schedule your post to
- Drag and drop media from your Side Library onto your Calendar, or open a photo or video in the Media Library and click View on Calendar > Create Post
- Edit your media, write a caption, add hashtags, and schedule your post
Publish Your Posts
Later offers two ways of publishing—Auto Publish and notification publishing.
Your post will automatically be published at your scheduled time. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest posts are always Auto Published.
To Auto Publish to Instagram, you’ll need an Instagram business profile. You must enable Auto Publish first to automatically publish single-image and video posts to Instagram.
Due to Instagram restrictions, the following cannot be Auto Published:
These must be posted using notification publishing.
Here’s how to publish single image and video posts using notification publishing:
- Open the mobile notification we send at your scheduled publishing time
- Tap Open in Instagram
- Select Feed
- Edit your media if you’d like and tap Next
- Tap the caption field and select Paste to paste the caption we automatically copied for you
- Tag people or a location if you want
- Tap Share (iOS) or the checkmark (Android) to publish
Track Your Post Performance
Use Later’s Analytics to see how your posts perform over time. Knowing which posts get the best engagement can help you plan future posts.
Analytics are available for:
Select Analytics from the left-side menu, then choose your social profile at the top of the screen. From here you can start exploring your data!
Drive Traffic With Linkin.bio
With Linkin.bio, you can create a clickable, shoppable landing page that mirrors your Instagram feed. Here you can direct your followers to any URL right from your Instagram bio. Here’s how to get started:
- Click Linkin.bio in the left side menu
- Follow the prompts to set up your Linkin.bio page
- Then, click a scheduled or published post from the grid to add a link
- Click Share Link > Copy, and paste your Linkin.bio page link in the website section of your Instagram bio.
Now your followers can click the Linkin.bio page link to find any page or product you point them to in a post, anytime.
And that’s it, you’re ready to start using Later.
More You Can Do in Later
Once you’ve gotten the hang of planning, scheduling, and publishing with Later, you’ll find a lot more you can do:
- Use the Later mobile app for scheduling on the go
- Save frequently used hashtags in Saved Captions
- Collect content from the web
- Plan the look of your Instagram feed with the Visual Instagram Planner
And for paid plans:
- Schedule Stories and Multi-Photo posts
- Get Hashtag Suggestions
- Spend less time scheduling to Instagram with Quick Schedule
- Add hashtags to your Instagram first comment to keep the caption clean
- Optimize your Instagram posting times with Best Time to Post