If you add a link to a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn text post, you can use tools to check what link previews will look like before publishing.
- The link preview is automatically created by the social platform
- A link preview includes an image and text that is taken from the link
- Link previews are only available for text posts
- You can’t see link previews through Later
- You can’t disable link previews through Later
If you include multiple links in one post, one preview will be created.
- Twitter: a preview will be created for the last link
- Facebook: a preview will be created for the first link
- LinkedIn: a preview will be included for the first link
Right now, you can’t see link previews in Later. However, you can use a tool provided by the social platform to check the link preview before publishing.
Check the Link Preview for a LinkedIn Post
- Go to the LinkedIn Post Inspector
- Enter the URL and click Inspect
- You will see the link preview that will be created when your LinkedIn post is published
Check the Link Preview for a Tweet
- Go to the Twitter Card Validator
- Enter the URL and click Preview card
- You will see the link preview that will be created when your Tweet is published
Check the Link Preview for a Facebook Post
- Go to the Facebook Sharing Debugger
- Enter the URL and click Debug
- Scroll down to Link Preview and you will see the link preview that will be created when your Facebook post is published