Looking to schedule one post to multiple social profiles? With Later you can schedule posts for multiple profiles at the same time, and customize the post for each. This article will show you how.
- Multi-profile scheduling can only be done in Later on the web
- Once a post has been scheduled, it can’t be added to additional social profiles
- Social profiles must be in the same Access Group to schedule to them at the same time
Step 1: Choose your Social Profiles
At the top of the Calendar select the check mark (✓) on the social profiles you’d like to schedule to.
You can select as many social profiles in the same Access Group as you’d like.
Step 2: Choose Your Media
From the Side Library, drag and drop the media for your post onto the Calendar.
You can select one image or video, or select multiple media items by clicking the checkmark on the media, then dragging.
Step 3: Add Your Caption
Write a generic caption for your post – this can be customized for each profile in the next step. You can also edit your media in this step for all profiles, or customize it for each in the next.
Click Customize Posts when done.
Step 4: Customize Your Post
Now you’ll customize your post for each profile. You can:
- Customize your caption and hashtags
- Add filters and crops to images by clicking Edit Image
- Trim and crop video by clicking Edit Video
- Choose your publishing time
And for Instagram posts:
- Choose your publishing method for single image and video posts
- Tag locations and users (when Auto Publishing on paid plans)
- Schedule a First Comment (when Auto Publishing on paid plans)
- Choose a video thumbnail (for Auto Publish posts)
- Add Linkin.bio links
Click Create Posts and you’re done!
Note: If you want to edit an individual post any time before publishing, click the post on the Calendar to open it.
You’ll only be able to edit individual posts. Posts can’t be bulk edited.
How Are Posts Published?
Tweets, Pins, and Facebook posts will go live at their scheduled time. Nothing further needed from you.
- Single image and video posts set to Auto Publish (available to Instagram business profiles only) will be automatically published at their scheduled time.
Or publish manually through notification publishing if you prefer.
- Personal and creator profiles must use notification publishing. See how to publish Instagram posts using notification publishing
- Multi-Photo (carousel) posts must also use notification publishing. See how to publish multi-photo posts
- TikTok posts must be published using notification publishing. See how to publish TikTok posts.