Take advantage of all the perks of having an Instagram business or creator profile by making the switch!
- Your personal Instagram profile must be set to public if you want to switch it to a business or creator profile
Benefits of Switching to a Business or Creator Profile
- Auto Publish Instagram posts
Note: Instagram Stories can only be auto published with a business (not creator) profile.
- Access Instagram analytics
- Search for and collect media by hashtags (available on current paid plans)
- Tag people and add locations (available on current paid plans)
- Manage and reply to Instagram comments (available on current paid plans)
- Collect media from Instagram posts you’re tagged in (available on current paid plans)
Switch to an Instagram Business or Creator Profile
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile
- Tap ☰ in the top right corner
- Tap Settings and privacy
- Under For professionals, tap Account type and tools > Switch to professional account
- If you already have a Business or Creator profile, tap Creator/Business tools and controls > Switch account type
- Continue through the setup prompts
- You may be asked to select a category for your profile
Important: Once you've switched your profile type, you'll need to connect your Instagram profile to a Facebook Page to enable auto publishing and other features in Later.