In this Article:
Later’s Search by Hashtag feature lets you find user-generated content in Instagram by searching for posts with a specific hashtag. Add content to your Media Library and schedule it to your own Instagram account.
- Search by Hashtag is only available on Later's paid plans.
- Search by Hashtag is available for Instagram business profiles only.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- You can search up to 30 unique hashtags per Instagram account in a rolling 7-day window (Note: If you search the same hashtag more than once, it will only count as one hashtag search for that period).
- Only Instagram posts published in the last 24 hours will show in the search results.
- @mentions of other users in the original post’s caption won’t include the “@” when saved to your Notes, so you’ll need to add the “@” to re-mention someone.
Search for Posts by Hashtag
- In Later on the web, go to the Group you want to use Search by Hashtag for.
- Go to Collect Media > Search > Hashtag.
- Search for a specific hashtag. Make sure to type in the exact hashtag because Search by Hashtag doesn’t support autocomplete.
- Select an image you want to save and then Add to Library.
Note: The username, caption, and hashtags from the original post will be added to your Notes so you can credit the content owner.
Important: Due to Instagram’s API limitations, @mentions of other users in the original caption won’t include the “@” in your Notes. Be sure to add the “@” if you want to re-mention users in your repost.
Find Media Collected from Search by Hashtag in Your Library
- Go to your side library.
- Select Show Filters at the top.
- Under System Labels select the repost label.
- Media collected from Search by Hashtag will be shown.
When you’re ready to repost, select a media item and schedule it.
Reminder: Always ask for permission to repost content that you don’t own.
How to Collect Media from Contributors
How to Collect Media from Your Instagram Mentions
How to Collect Media from Instagram Posts You’re Tagged In
How to Collect Images from URLs
Browser Extension: Collect More Photos