Later’s Search by Hashtag feature lets you find user-generated content in Instagram by searching for posts by hashtag. Then you can add the content directly to your Media Library and schedule it to your own social profiles.
- Search by Hashtag is only available on current paid plans
- Search by Hashtag is available for Instagram business and creator profiles only
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps
- Only Instagram posts published in the last 24 hours will show in the search results
- If you search the same hashtag more than once, it will only count as one hashtag search for that period
- You can search up to 30 unique hashtags per Instagram account in a rolling 7-day window
- If you search a hashtag on another third party service or tool that uses the Instagram API on your behalf, that search will count toward your 30-hashtag limit. Hashtag searches from other services and tools will also show up in your search history in Later.
How To Collect Media from Hashtags
- In Later on the web, be sure you’re in the Access Group you want to collect media for
- In the left-side menu, click Media > Search by Hashtag
- Search for a specific hashtag
- Make sure to type in the exact hashtag, as Search by Hashtag doesn’t support autocomplete.
- Click media items you like to view them
- Click Add to Library on media you want to save
The media will now be in your Media Library and can be scheduled as normal.
How To Give Creator Credit When Using Search by Hashtag
Unlike some Collect Features, Search by Hashtag isn’t able to add the original creator’s Instagram handle to the item’s Media Notes—but giving credit to the creator is still required.
Here are a couple of ways to get the username for a Search by Hashtag post:
- After you add media to your library, the original link of the Instagram post will be in the media notes. Copy and paste this link in another tab to get the content creator’s username.
- If you want to see the username before adding media to your library, click View on Instagram to see the original post on Instagram.