Linkin.bio is like a mini-website built into your Instagram profile. Not sure what Linkin.bio is? Check out What is Linkin.bio, before setting up your page.
This article will show you how to create your page and where to add your Linkin.bio page link.
Step 1: Build Your Linkin.bio Page
- In Later on the web, click Linkin.bio in the side menu
- Select your Instagram profile from the profile selector at the top of the page
- Click Get Started
This will bring you to the Linkin.bio management page, where you can edit the following elements of your Linkin.bio page.
Edit Your Profile
Your Linkin.bio page includes your Instagram’s profile picture (this can’t be changed), a profile name, and a short bio.
- Click Edit next to Profile
- Change the profile name if you’d like
- Write a short bio up to 115 characters
- Save your changes
Buttons let you drive traffic to your website, blog, online store, or any other web pages. Here’s how to add them:
- Click Add or Edit next to Buttons
- Enter your button text
- Enter the link the button should go to
- Current plan users can also:
- Click Add Another button to add another button (legacy plans are limited to 1 button)
- Toggle buttons on and off by clicking the Show toggle
- Change the button order by drag-and-dropping buttons above or below others
Add Linked Instagram Posts
Add links to Instagram posts in Later to have them shown on your Linkin.bio page. Your followers can then click the post to be taken directly to any URL or product you choose.
- From the preview feed, select the post you want to add a link to
- Add a single link in the Linkin.bio field and click Save Changes
Note: Linkin.bio Standard users can add multiple links by selecting MORE LINK OPTIONS.
- Optional: Connect your Shopify store to tag your products (Linkin.bio Standard only)
Note: You’ll also be able to add links when scheduling or editing Instagram posts in Later.
Choose to Feature the Most Recent Post
If your Linkin.bio page includes linked Instagram posts, you can feature the most recently published post as an enlarged, clickable featured image.
- Click Add next to Featured Media
- Select Latest Linkin.bio Post to feature it
Don’t want to feature your latest Linkin.bio post? Select No Featured Media.
Step 2: Add Your Linkin.bio URL to Your Instagram Bio
Add your Linkin.bio page link to your Instagram bio so your audience can click through or shop on your Linkin.bio page.
- On your Linkin.bio management page, click Copy next to your link
- Click Add to Instagram Bio and Go to Instagram Profile. This will open Instagram
- Log in to Instagram if you’re not already logged in
- In the Website field, paste your copied Linkin.bio link
Note: If you already have a website link on your Instagram profile page, replace it with your Linkin.bio link. Remember, you can add buttons to your Linkin.bio page to redirect your audience to your website or other pages.
Step 3 (Optional): Enable Google Analytics UTM Tracking
If you already use Google Analytics to track conversion and sales, enable Later’s UTM tracking to make things easier.
- On your Linkin.bio management page, select Settings.
- Enable UTM Tracking.
Important: If you’re already adding your own UTM parameters to links, don’t enable Later's UTM tracking. This will interfere with the tracking.