Linkin.bio is like a mini-website built into your Instagram profile. Add buttons and link Instagram posts to build your own Linkin.bio landing page. Drive traffic to your website, blog, online store, and any other web pages right from the link in your Instagram bio.
- Linkin.bio is available for all Later users. Free and Starter plans include Linkin.bio Lite, while Growth and Advanced plans include Linkin.bio Standard.
- Linkin.bio is not the same as Instagram's product tagging feature. It does not tag your posts right on your Instagram profile.
- Linkin.bio can be set up from Later on the web and Later's iOS and Android apps. For a complete setup experience, go to Later on the web.
- Your Linkin.bio page URL is based on your Instagram username and will change if you change your username.
- Due to limitations from Instagram, you can’t add links to IGTV previews or Instagram Reels in your Instagram feed.
How Linkin.bio Works
Linkin.bio is like a mini-website for your Instagram profile. You choose what to include and where to link to. Just add your Linkin.bio page link to your Instagram bio to drive traffic and make sales from the link in your bio.
- Your Linkin.bio page is made up of blocks. You choose which blocks to include: buttons, featured media, and linked Instagram posts
- Current plan users can add as many buttons as they like to your Linkin.bio page and toggle buttons on and off (legacy plan users are limited to 1 button)
- Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans can customize button color
- Featured media will show your latest linked Instagram post as a clickable, enlarged image
- Add links to Instagram posts to build a clickable, shoppable feed for your Linkin.bio page
- You can add links to posts when scheduling through Later’s web or mobile apps
- You can add links to published Instagram posts through the Linkin.bio management page on the web
- With Linkin.bio Lite, you can only add 1 link per post.
- With Linkin.bio Standard, you can add 1 to 5 links per post. You can also connect your Shopify store to Later to tag Shopify products in your posts.
Step 1: Build Your Linkin.bio Page
Get started with Linkin.bio:
- In Later on the web, select the Instagram profile you want to set up Linkin.bio for
- Go to Linkin.bio and click Get Started
Buttons let you drive traffic to your website, blog, online store, or any other web pages. Here’s how to add them:
- On your Linkin.bio management page, click Add or Edit next to Buttons
- Enter your button text
- Enter the link the button should go to
- Current plan users can also:
- Click Add Another button to add another button (legacy plans are limited to 1 button)
- Toggle buttons on and off by click the Show toggle
- Change the button order by drag-and-dropping the button in the buttons editor
- Click Save Changes
Note: If you’re on a current Starter, Growth, or Advanced plan, you can customize the background and text color of your buttons.
Add Linked Instagram Posts
Add links to Instagram posts in Later to have them shown on your Linkin.bio page. Your followers can then click the post to be taken directly to any URL or product you choose.
1. On your Linkin.bio management page, select the post you want to add a link to
- Scheduled posts have a clock icon
- Published posts have no icon
- Linked posts say LINKED
- Unlinked posts are grayed out
2. Add a single link in the Linkin.bio field and click Save Changes. With Linkin.bio Standard, you can add multiple links by selecting MORE LINK OPTIONS.
3. Optional: Connect your Shopify store to tag your products (Linkin.bio Standard only).
Note: You can also add links to scheduled posts from your Calendar, or add links when scheduling Instagram posts through Later on the web or mobile.
In the Later mobile app, you can also add links to posts published through Later. From the Schedule tab, tap View Posted to see your published posts. Go to Linkin.bio under Additional Options to add, edit, or remove a link.
Add Featured Media
If your Linkin.bio page includes linked Instagram posts, you can feature the most recently published one as an enlarged, clickable image.
- Click Add next to Featured Media
- Select Latest Linkin.bio Post to feature it
- If you don’t want to feature your latest Linkin.bio post, select No Featured Media
Step 2: Add Your Linkin.bio URL to Your Instagram Bio
Add your Linkin.bio page link to your Instagram bio so your audience can click through or shop on your Linkin.bio page.
- On your Linkin.bio management page, click Copy next to your link
- Click Add to Instagram Bio and Go to Instagram Profile. This will open Instagram
- Log in to Instagram if you’re not already logged in
- In the Website field, paste your copied Linkin.bio link
Note: If you already have a website link on your Instagram profile page, replace it with your Linkin.bio link. Remember, you can add buttons to your Linkin.bio page to redirect your audience to your website or other pages.
Step 3 (Optional): Enable Google Analytics UTM Tracking
If you already use Google Analytics to track conversion and sales, enable Later’s UTM tracking to make things easier.
- On your Linkin.bio management page, select Settings.
- Enable UTM Tracking.
Important: If you’re already adding your own UTM parameters to links, don’t enable Later's UTM tracking. This will interfere with the tracking.