Have you found an unverified TikTok post on your Calendar? This article will outline what an unverified post is, and how to fix it.
What's an Unverified Post?
When using TikTok notification publishing, an unverified post happens when Later isn't able to find the post on your TikTok feed after you've started the publishing process. There are two reasons this may happen:
- The post was not fully published after tapping Open in TikTok
- The post was significantly edited in TikTok before publishing, making it unrecognizable to Later
Later does its best to make sure your posts are successful, so we look for the post a few minutes after it's been posted, to make sure it worked. If we can't find it automatically, we flag the post on your calendar as "unverified". This gives you the chance to verify or reschedule the post.
Preventing Unverified Posts
- Ensure you have the correct TikTok account selected in your TikTok app before clicking Open in TikTok
- Make sure you finish the publishing process completely when using notification publishing
- Make sure to select Public in Who can watch this video when posting your TikTok (this option is only available for public TikTok accounts)
Options for Fixing Unverified Posts
There are three actions that you can take with an unverified post: Verify, Reschedule, or Discard.
If you've published the post successfully, you can manually verify the post. Here's how:
- Click the unverified post on your Calendar
- Click Verify Post
- Within Later, you'll see your TikTok feed. Select the matching post there.
Note: You can only verify public posts (videos on public accounts that are visible to everyone). Posts with view settings set to followers, friends, or private will not appear on your feed in Later and can’t be verified. Learn more about TikTok view settings
Note: If the post is public and you don't see the matching post, it's likely the post was not successfully published. In this case, click Match not found? and either reschedule or discard the post.
- Click Verify Post > Verify
If you didn't finish the publishing process but still want to publish the post, you can reschedule it.
- Open the unverified post on your Calendar
- Click Reschedule
- You'll be taken back to the post builder, where you can set the new time and date
If you've decided you don't want to publish the post, click Discard Post to remove it from your Calendar.