Not receiving your mobile notifications? Let's start by checking a few things.
Important: Please note that you will only receive notifications from the Later account that you are currently logged in to on your mobile device. It is not possible to receive mobile notifications from multiple Later accounts.
Troubleshooting Missing Mobile Notifications
- Go to your Notification settings from your mobile device and make sure Later's notifications are enabled
Tip: If you're an iOS user you may want to add the notifications as Alerts. Banners flash and then disappear quickly so you may miss your notification.
- Open the Later App and in the Account tab, select Push Notification Settings (IOS)/ Mobile Notifications (Android). Make sure all notifications are enabled for the social profile's you want to receive notifications for.
If these are all enabled, let's test a notification:
- Go to Later on the web and into Settings > Devices & Notifications. From here click Send Test Notification. If you receive a notification that says "Winter is Coming", your phone is connected properly!
Still not receiving notifications on your iOS device?
Please follow these steps for a more thorough reset of your settings:
- In the Later iOS app go to > Account > Push Notification Settings
- De-select your all of your social profiles
- From the Account tab again, Log out of the Later iOS app
- Delete the Later iOS app from your phone
- Log into Later on the web
- Download the Later iOS app again
- Sign back into the Later iOS app
- When prompted, make sure to agree to allow Later to send you notifications
- Tap Account > Push Notifications Settings, and make sure your social profiles are all enabled
- Refresh the Later on the web and click Send Test Notification
Phew, you should now receive a “Winter is coming!” notification!
Still not receiving notifications on your Android device?
You might not be receiving notifications on your Android device because your device doesn't have Google Play Services installed. There are two common reasons why:
- The software on your device has been customized
- You have a Huawei or Xiaomi device model that doesn't support Google Play Services
If your device has been customized and you want to try to reinstall Google Play Services, you can follow this guide.
Auto Publishing to Instagram
If you have an Instagram business profile set up and are interested in saving time by having Later automatically publish your single image post, make sure to enable Auto Publish from Later on the web!