Later’s connection to social networks like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok grants us permission to publish posts, collect content, display analytics, and more. If your connection expires, you’ll need to refresh it so you can continue using the features that rely on this connection.
- Only the Later account owner can refresh a social profile connection
- If you're a user on an account with an expired connection, please ask the account owner to refresh the connection
- When your connection is expired, you won’t be able to use some features in Later until you refresh your connection
How to Refresh Your Connection
- In Later on the web, go to Social Sets & Access Groups
- Find the Access Group with the social profile that needs to be refreshed and click Edit
- Beside the social profile, click the Refresh button
- A pop-up will appear
- Log in with your username and password for that social profile
How to Refresh your Instagram or TikTok Connection on Mobile
You can refresh the connection for your Instagram business profile on Later’s iOS and Android apps, and your TikTok Business Account on the iOS app. Here’s how:
- Go to Account > Social Sets
- Tap the Instagram business profile or TikTok Business Account that needs refreshing
Note: It is not currently possible to refresh TikTok accounts from the Later Android app at this time.
- Tap the refresh icon 🔄
- If needed, authenticate your TikTok account or the Facebook account linked to your Instagram profile
How to Enable Permissions
Do you see Enable Permissions next to your Instagram profile? That means you've set up Auto Publish but haven’t granted Later the right permissions. Here’s how to fix this:
- Click the Enable Permissions button next to your Instagram profile.
- In the pop-up, log in to the Facebook account connected to your Instagram business profile. Make sure this account is an Admin for the connected Facebook page.
- When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose what you allow and grant Later all permissions to all your pages. (Make sure you expand all sections and select all pages.)
Still having trouble refreshing your Instagram connection? Try resetting your connection between Facebook and Later.