If you want to make someone else the owner of a Later account, you can do this by changing the email address in the account.
- Only the account owner can change the email address, password, and other account details in Later.
- If you’re a user on the account, you’ll need to ask the account owner to change the email address.
- An email can only be associated with 1 Later account at a time
- If you are transferring to someone who already has a Later account, use a different email address or consider combining Later accounts
How to Transfer Ownership of Your Later Account
- If you’re the account owner, log in to Later on the web.
- Go to Settings > Account Settings.
- Under Personal Information, change the name and email for that account.
- Log out of Later.
- Go to Forgot Password and enter the email of the new account owner so they can reset the password.
What to Do When the Account Owner No Longer Works With You
To help keep your account and information safe, here’s what you can to do safely transfer ownership of a Later account:
If you’re still in contact with the account owner:
Ask that person to log in to Later and follow the steps above to change the email on the account.
If you’re no longer in contact with the account owner, or the account email is no longer active:
Contact the Later team for help. We may ask for the following information to prove account ownership:
- Last 4 digits of the credit card on file
- List of social profiles in the account
- Screenshot of a recent payment to Later from a bank statement
- Additional security checks
Once you provide this information, we’ll be able to help you further.