Use your Pinterest business account to schedule video Pins to your boards!
- Pinterest video scheduling is available on all plans, including Free
- Only Pinterest business accounts in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand can schedule video Pins
- Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans can select a video thumbnail cover
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps
- Video Pins are subject to approval by Pinterest
- Video Pins are submitted to Pinterest for review at their scheduled time
- Pinterest takes 24 to 48 hours to review video Pins
Pinterest Video Format
Before you schedule a video, make sure it meets Pinterest's community guidelines. Pinterest supports videos that are:
- 4 seconds to 15 minutes long and up to 2GB in size
- mp4, mov, and m4v files and H.264 or H.265 encoding. Pinterest does not support GIFs
- Standard video sizes, including widescreen (16:9), square (1:1), and vertical (9:16, 4:5, 2:3)
- In English, French, or German (until they add support for more languages)
Scheduling a Video Pin
Use Later on the web to schedule a video Pin. Here's how:
- From your Calendar page, select your Pinterest profile
- Drag and drop a video from your side library onto your Calendar
- Select the board you want to post the video to by searching for the board’s name or scrolling through the list
- Click Edit Video to crop the video and trim it for length
- Select a thumbnail cover for the video (available on Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans only)
- Add a title (optional) and write a description for the video
- Add the full URL that the video links to (Pinterest doesn’t allow certain redirects or URL shorteners)
- Click Enable Click Tracking if you want to track the clicks on your website link (Growth and Advanced plans only)
- If you want to change your video, click Change Media. If you selected a thumbnail cover, you’ll need to select one again.
- Change the scheduled time if needed
- Click Schedule Post
- Alternatively, click the down arrow next to the Schedule Post button > Save as Draft to save your post as a draft and come back to it later
Tip: If you want your video Pin to go out by a certain date, schedule it for 24 to 48 hours before this date to allow time for approval by Pinterest.
Example: If you need your video Pin to go out by Aug. 21 at 9:00am, then set the date for this video Pin to Aug. 19, 9:00am, to give Pinterest 24 to 48 hours to review it.
Note: If you enable click tracking, your link will be shortened and tracked when the Pin is published. Don’t worry — Later's link shortener is allowed by Pinterest because we’re a Pinterest Marketing Partner.
Tip: To drive engagement and distribution, choose a good cover photo, write a relevant title and description, and save your video to a board with similar content.
Publishing a Video Pin
Publishing a video Pin on Pinterest works differently than publishing on other platforms. Pinterest needs to approve your video before it goes live.
- Your video will be submitted to Pinterest for review at your scheduled time, not when you save it.
- Pinterest will take 24 to 48 hours to review your video.
- After Pinterest approves your video, it will be automatically published.
Video Pin Status
Later will keep you updated on the status of your video Pin. You'll see the status over your video Pin in the Calendar:
- Saved: Your video Pin has been saved and scheduled. It will be submitted to Pinterest for review at its scheduled time.
- Pending: Your video Pin has been submitted to Pinterest for review. Pinterest will take 24-48 hours to review it.
- Approved: Your video Pin has been reviewed and approved by Pinterest. It will be published once it's approved.
- Rejected: Your video Pin has been reviewed and rejected by Pinterest, and won't be published. Check out Pinterest’s community guidelines to see why your Pin was rejected.