Plan Instagram Stories ahead of time to stay organized and keep your audience engaged!
- Later’s Instagram Stories Scheduler is only available on paid plans.
- Instagram Stories can only be scheduled from Later on the web.
- Due to Instagram limitations Instagram Stories can only be published through Later's mobile notifications. Instagram Stories cannot be Auto Published.
Each Instagram Stories board is equal to 1 Later post.
Ready to start scheduling Instagram Stories? Here’s how!
Step 1: Go to the Instagram Stories Scheduler
- Go to Later on the web.
- Go to the Calendar and make sure the right Instagram profile is selected.
- Select Stories in the top right corner.
Note: Only one Instagram profile can be selected when scheduling stories.
Step 2: Schedule your Instagram Story
- In your side library, select one or more media items.
- Drag the media items to your Stories timeline.
- To add more media to a scheduled Story, drag it to the Stories editor below the timeline.
Note: Stories time slots are shown horizontally and the blue line indicates your current time.
Step 3: Edit your Instagram Story
In the Stories editor below the timeline, you can:
- Add clipboard text. Paste this into your story when publishing on Instagram.
- Rearrange media items. Drag media items around to change their order.
- Edit media items. Hit Edit on individual media items to crop them, trim them, and add filters.
- Changed the scheduled date and time. Click on the current scheduled date to make changes.
Hit Save Story to schedule it.
Note: Videos longer than 60 seconds must be trimmed down to 60 seconds or shorter.
Tip: Use the Instagram Stories crop when editing!
After you’ve scheduled your Instagram Story, wait for the mobile notification to publish. Check out how to publish an Instagram story.