Plan Instagram Stories ahead of time to stay organized and keep your audience engaged!
- Later’s Instagram Stories Scheduler is only available on paid plans
- Instagram Stories can only be scheduled from Later on the web
- Each Instagram Stories board is equal to 1 Later post
Ready to start scheduling Instagram Stories? Here’s how.
Step 1: Open the Instagram Stories Scheduler
- Go to Later on the web
- Go to the Calendar and make sure the right Instagram profile is selected
- Select Stories in the top right
Note: Only one Instagram profile can be selected when scheduling stories.
Step 2: Choose Your Media
- From the Side Library, select one or more media items
- Drag themedia items to your Stories timeline
- To add more media to a scheduled Story, drag it to the Stories editor below the timeline
Note: Stories time slots are shown horizontally and the blue line indicates your current time.
Step 3: Edit your Instagram Story
In the Stories editor below the timeline, you can:
- Add clipboard text. Paste this into your story when publishing on Instagram.
- Rearrange media items. Drag media items around to change their order.
- Edit media items. Click Edit on individual media items to crop, filter, add text and trim.
- Adjust the scheduled date and time. Click on the current scheduled date to make changes.
Click Save Story and you’re done!
Note: Videos longer than 60 seconds must be trimmed down to 60 seconds or shorter.
How Are Instagram Stories Published?
Due to limitations set by Instagram, Stories must be published using notification publishing -- Auto Publish is not available for Stories.
Publish Instagram Stories