Contributors is a media submission tool that makes it easy to collect images and videos from photographers, influencers, and other content creators.
- Contributors is only available on Later's Growth and Advanced plans.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Your Contributors can you send images up to 25MB, but they must meet our image format guidelines.
- Videos can only be submitted through a Contributor Later account, not through email submission.
How Contributors Works
- Invite anyone to submit media, even if they don’t have a Later account
- Your Contributors can send images to your own personalized submission email
- Your Contributors can submit video and images by setting up a Contributor Later account
- You can create a separate submission email address for each Group in your account
- Images sent to your submission email address will show up in your Contributions in Later
- Media notes can be added by Contributors when submitting media with a Later account, or by adding text within the email submission
- When you receive Contributions, select the media you want to keep and discard
- You can add media directly to your Media Library
Step 1: Create Your Personalized Submission Email Address
Set up a unique email address that your Contributors can send images to.
- Go to Later on the web
- Go to Collect Media > Review > Contributors and click Get Started
- Choose a handle for your email address
Note: Your email handle can only have letters, numbers, and underscores.
Important: You can change your email handle later, but you’ll need to let your Contributors know if you do.
Step 2: Invite Contributors
- Invite people to contribute media through your newly created email address
- Separate multiple email addresses with commas
Note: A Contributor doesn’t need a Later account to send you images, but they’ll be invited to set up Later account with a Contributor view.
If your Contributor creates a Later account with a Contributor view, they’ll be able to send you images and video through the Later web app.
Note: If your Contributor already had a Later account before you invited them, they won’t have the Contributor view in their account. They can create another account with a Contributor view if you send an invitation to a different email address.
Step 3: Add and Discard Contributions
When your Contributors send you media, it will show up in your Contributions. You can then add Contributions to your Media Library or discard them.
- Go to Pending Contributions to see newly submitted media.
- Select the media items you want to add to your Media Library (or click Select All) and then click Add to Library.
- To discard a Contribution, click on it and then Discard.
Tip: You can filter your Contributions by All, Pending, Added, or Discarded. You can also filter by Contributor and Media Notes, and sort from new to old or old to new.
Note: Contributions that you add to your Media Library will be labelled contribution. They will include the email address of the Contributor in the Notes.
Step 4: Manage your Contributors
Want to invite more Contributors? Here’s how.
- Under My Contributors, click Manage Contributors.
- To add Contributors, enter their email addresses in the Invite People field.
- To remove a Contributor, click Remove beside the Contributor.
Tip: The status of your invited Contributors is shown beside the Contributor’s email. If the person you invited has created a Later account from your invite, their status will be Accepted.
Note: If a Contributor email is already associated with another Later account, they can still send Contributions to your personalized submission email. But if the Contributor wants to send media with Media Notes through Later, please them send an invitation to a different email address. This will let them create a separate Later account for sending Contributions.