In this Article:
Later’s Best Time to Post feature analyzes data on your top-performing Instagram posts and then highlights your best days and times to post on your Calendar.
- Best Time to Post is only available for Instagram business and creator profiles on Later's Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans
- You have to enable Best Time to Post before you can see your best times on your Calendar
- You will only see Best Time to Post data if you have 50 or more feed posts in the last 6 months, excluding the most recent 2 weeks. Due to Instagram limitations, Reels and IGTV posts do not count towards your 50 needed posts.
- Best Times to Post will only show up on the Calendar week view
- Best Time to Post will suggest a maximum of 7 weekly time slots
How to Enable Best Time to Post
To see your Best Times to Post, you have to enable the feature first.
1. Select the Instagram profile you’d like to enable Best Time to Post for.
2. Go to Calendar.
3. Click on the gear icon on the top right to open Calendar Settings.
4. In Calendar Settings, look for Best Time to Post. If you don’t see Best Time to Post, make sure you only have a single Instagram profile selected on your Calendar.
5. Click Generate Best Times to Post. You'll only see this button if it's your first time enabling Best Time to Post.
5. Turn on Best Time to Post to enable it.
6. Refresh your Calendar and you should see your Best Time to Post time slots highlighted.
Important: It may take up to 1 hour for us to calculate your Best Time to Post data. Refresh your Calendar if you still don’t see your Best Time to Post time slots after an hour.
Note: If you haven’t published 50 posts in the last 6 months, you won’t be able to enable Best Time to Post.
Tip: Set up a Quick Schedule with your Best Time to Post time slots to automate your scheduling process.
How We Calculate Your Best Times to Post
Later looks at data from all the posts for your selected Instagram profile, including posts published directly through Instagram.
- For statistical significance, we use data from your last 50 or more top-performing posts in the last 6 months.
- Your Best Times to Post are based on the days and times your previous posts have generated the most likes and comments.
- Since Best Time to Post is based on past post performance, it will only suggest days and times you have posted on in the past. For example, if you only post on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9AM, Best Time To Post will only be able to suggest these days and times.
Tip: Experiment scheduling your content on different days and times to get better insight into your Best Time to Post. You can recalculate your Best Time to Post any time in your Calendar settings.
Note: Later can only suggest up to 7 best times for you to post in a week, but you may only see 3 to 4 days if we only find a few days and times that perform the best.