In this Article:
Take advantage of all the perks of having an Instagram business profile by making the switch!
- Your personal Instagram profile must be set to public if you want to switch it to a business Instagram profile.
Video: How to Switch to an Instagram Business Profile
Watch the video below to see why you should switch your profile and how to.
Benefits of Switching to an Instagram Business Profile
- Auto Publish single-image Instagram posts
- Access Instagram analytics
- Search for and collect media by hashtags
- Tag people and add locations (available on paid plans)
- Manage and reply to Instagram comments (available on Growth and Advanced plans)
- Collect media from Instagram posts you’re tagged in (available on Growth and Advanced plans)
How to Switch to an Instagram Business Profile
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile.
- Tap ☰ in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings > Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account or Get More Tools at the bottom.
- When asked, Which Best Describes You?, tap Business and Continue.
- Connect your Instagram business profile to an existing Facebook Page or create a new Facebook Page.
- Review your business contact information and tap Done.
Important: Make sure you connect your Instagram business profile to a Facebook Page so you can set up Auto Publishing with Later. If your Facebook Page isn’t listed or won’t connect, follow our steps to get connected.