In this Article:
Later’s Search by Hashtag feature lets you find user-generated content in Instagram by searching for posts with a specific hashtag. Add content to your Media Library and schedule it to your own Instagram account.
- Search by Hashtag is only available on Later's paid plans.
- Search by Hashtag is available for Instagram business and creator profiles only.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- You can search up to 30 unique hashtags per Instagram account in a rolling 7-day window. If you search a hashtag on another third party service or tool that uses the Instagram API on your behalf, that search will count toward your 30-hashtag limit. Hashtag searches from other services and tools will also show up in your search history in Later.
- If you search the same hashtag more than once, it will only count as one hashtag search for that period.
- Only Instagram posts published in the last 24 hours will show in the search results.
- @mentions of other users in the original post’s caption won’t include the “@” when saved to your Notes, so you’ll need to add the “@” to re-mention someone.
Search for Posts by Hashtag
- In Later on the web, go to the Group you want to use Search by Hashtag for.
- Go to Collect Media > Search > Hashtag.
- Search for a specific hashtag. Make sure to type in the exact hashtag because Search by Hashtag doesn’t support autocomplete.
- Select an image you want to save and then Add to Library.
Note: The username, caption, and hashtags from the original post will be added to your Notes so you can credit the content owner.
Important: Due to Instagram’s API limitations, @mentions of other users in the original caption won’t include the “@” in your Notes. Be sure to add the “@” if you want to re-mention users in your repost.
Find Media Collected from Search by Hashtag in Your Library
- Go to your side library.
- Select Show Filters at the top.
- Under System Labels select the repost label.
- Media collected from Search by Hashtag will be shown.
When you’re ready to repost, select a media item and schedule it.