- Free and Starter plans include 1 Access Group and therefore 1 Media Library.
- Growth and Advanced plans include unlimited Access Groups, each with their own Media Library.
- Only the Later account owner can create Access Groups. Users can't create Access Groups.
What are Access Groups?
Later Access Groups help you manage access to your photos, videos, and social profiles within Later. If you're on a Growth or Advanced plan, you can have multiple Media Libraries, so you don’t have to share your photos and videos with all your social profiles and users.
Here’s how Access Groups work:
- You can easily transfer media between Access Groups or bulk upload new media to build an exclusive inventory of photos and videos.
- A user can help manage multiple Access Groups, but must be invited to access an Access Group’s Media Library, social profiles, and Calendar. This helps restrict access to sensitive media and social profiles.
- Media items are attached to an Access Group and not to a social profile. When moving social profiles between Access Groups, only the posts will move, not the media.
Can I Create Access Groups?
If you're on a Growth or Advanced plan, you can create more Access Groups from Later on the web. If you’re on a Free or Starter plan, you have 1 Access Group, so you can't create more. Need more than 1 Access Group? Check out a plan that’s right for you!
Ready to create an Access Group? Here's how.
Step 1: Create an Access Group
Create multiple Access Groups to organize your Media Library by social profiles and user access.
1. From Later on the web, go to your Calendar.
2. At the bottom left corner of the menu click the Access Group Selector. This is your default Access Group or Main Group.
3. Click Create Access Group to go to Social Sets & Access Groups.
4. Click Create New Access Group and name your Access Group.
5. Add a profile picture to your Access Group to easily distinguish and toggle between Access Groups. Simply click EDIT beside the Access Group’s name and click on the Access Group avatar to add a photo and Save.
Step 2: Add Social Profiles to your Access Group
- From the Social Sets tab click Add Social Profile.
2. Choose one of the three options:
- Add a social profile to a current Social Set
- Add a social profile to a new Social Set
- Move a social profile from another Social Set or Access Group
Choose whether you’d like to add a new social profile or organize existing social profiles. Follow the steps provided.
Note: If you manage multiple Instagram accounts with the same login information, make sure to sign in with the username of the profile you want to add.
Tip: If you’re having trouble adding a new social profile, try adding the social profile from an incognito or private browser window.
Important: When moving existing social profiles to a new Access Group, only the scheduled posts will be copied over to the Access Group’s calendar. To move old media between Access Groups you will need to transfer the media over.
Step 3: Invite Users
Invite users to collaborate in an Access Group! Remember, your users will only have access to the photos, videos and social profiles connected to the Access Groups you add them to.
Note: Initially, your default Access Group will be accessible to all users. If you have sensitive media in your default Access Group make sure to remove users from the Social Sets & Access Groups page.
Add existing users to Access Groups
- Go to Settings > Social Sets & Access Groups.
- Click Details next to the relevant Access Group and select the Users tab.
- Click Add User.
Finally, select Add beside the name of the user you’d like to add to this Access Group.
Adding new users
To invite a brand new user to help manage your social profiles:
- Go to Settings > Users.
- Click Invite User and add their name and email
- Click Send Invite. This will send the user an email invite to Later.
- To finish, go back to the Access Group by clicking Social Sets & Access Groups from the side menu and clicking Details next to the relevant Access Group.
- Once in the Access Group select Users > Add User and select the relevant user.
Tip: You can remove users from any Access Group at any time. Simply go to the Access Group, select the Users tab and click Remove beside the user's name.
Step 4: Manage Multiple Access Groups with One Later Account
Create multiple Access Groups to efficiently manage your social profiles and strategically collaborate with multiple teams.
Our dashboard makes it simpler and more intuitive to manage Access Groups of social profiles. Just switch between Access Groups, add media, and schedule.
Switch Between Access Groups from the Dashboard
All of your Access Groups will contain their own:
- Media Library
- Social Profile(s)
- List of users with access
To switch between Access Groups, click the Access Group Selector in the bottom left of the sidebar.
Once you’re in the right Access Group, you can bulk upload all your photos and videos to build an exclusive Media Library, schedule your week of posts, or manage the Access Group’s social profiles and user permissions.
Transfer Media Between Access Groups
We’ve designed an efficient way for you to transfer media between your Access Groups. That way you don’t have to upload your old media all over again.
- Go to the Access Group that contains the media you want to transfer.
- Go to Media Library.
- Select the media items you want to move.
- Click the Move button and select the Access Group you’d like to transfer the media to and confirm.