Use Later’s Search by Profile feature to collect media from Instagram business and creator profiles. Search by Instagram username or profile URL to find images and videos to add to your Media Library.
- Search by Profile is only available on Later’s current Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans
- Search by Profile is available for Instagram business and creator profiles only
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps
- Due to limitations from Instagram, we can only pull images and videos from Instagram business and creator profiles—not personal profiles
- Search by Profile results will not show IGTV or Instagram Reels
Get Started with Search by Profile
- In Later on the web, make sure you’re in the Access Group you want to collect media for.
- Go to Collect Media > Search > Profile.
- Click Get Started, agree to the Guidelines, and click Agree & Continue.
Collect Media from Instagram Profiles
- In Search by Profile, enter an Instagram username or profile URL.
- Select media you want to save and then Add to Library.
Important: If you search an Instagram personal profile, no results will be shown due to Instagram limitations.
Note: The username, caption, and hashtags from the original post will be added to your Media Notes so you can credit the profile you collected from. Due to Instagram limitations, @mentions of other users won’t include the “@” in the caption, so remember to add it if you need to credit the original content creator.
Find Media Collected from Search by Profile in Your Library
- Go to your side library.
- Select Show Filters at the top.
- Under System Labels select the profile search label.
- Media collected from Search by Profile will be shown.
When you’re ready to repost, select a media item and schedule it.
Search Instagram Posts by Hashtag
Collect Media from Contributors
Collect Media from Your Instagram Mentions
Collect Media from Instagram Posts You’re Tagged In
The Later Chrome Extension: Collect More Photos