Looking to schedule a single image or video to Instagram? This article will show you how, and outline your publishing options.
If you’re looking for information on scheduling Instagram Stories or Multi-Photo (carousel) posts, check out these articles:
- Posts can be scheduled from Later on the web or the Later mobile apps
- Due to limitations set by Instagram, only business profiles can Auto Publish single image and video posts
- Business profiles can also use notification publishing if preferred
- Personal and creator profiles must use notification publishing
Schedule Your Instagram Post
Here we’ll outline how to schedule on the web, but you can also schedule on mobile.
- In Later on the web, go to your Calendar
- At the top of the Calendar, select your Instagram profile
- From the Side Library, drag and drop the media you want to schedule onto the Calendar
- Select Auto Publish or Send Notification
- Change the scheduled date and time if needed
- Write a caption or add Saved Captions
- Optional Edits:
- Click Save and you’re done!
How Are Single Image and Video Instagram Posts Published?
Single image and video Instagram posts have 2 ways of being published -- Auto Publish and notification publishing.
When Auto Publish is enabled and selected, your post will be published automatically at it’s scheduled time.
- An Instagram business profile
- Post must contain only 1 image or video
- Auto Publish must be enabled before it can be used
With notification publishing, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device at your scheduled publishing time. You’ll then open the notification to publish your post manually. See how to publish Instagram posts using notification publishing.