In this Article:
Later’s connection to social networks like Facebook and Instagram grants us permission to publish posts, collect content, display analytics, and more. If your connection expires, you’ll need to refresh it so you can continue using the features that rely on this connection.
- Only the Later account owner can refresh a social profile connection
- If you're a user on an account with an expired connection, please ask the account owner to refresh the connection
How to Refresh Your Connection
Important: Turn off any pop-up blockers before refreshing your connection.
Note: If you’re refreshing the connection for an Instagram business profile, you’ll need to log in to the Facebook profile linked to your Instagram business profile. The Facebook profile must be an Admin of the Facebook Page linked to your Instagram business profile.
Tip: If the steps above don’t work, open a new tab in the same browser and log in to the social account that has expired connection. Go back to Later and click the refresh button again.
How to Refresh your Instagram Connection on Mobile
You can refresh the connection for your Instagram business profile on Later’s iOS and Android apps. (Note: this feature will be released to everyone by Oct. 27, 2020, so you may not see it right now.) Here’s how:
- Go to Account > Auto Publish Settings.
- Tap Refresh next to the Instagram business profile that needs refreshing.
- Log in to the Facebook account linked to your Instagram profile.
Important: Make sure to log in to the Facebook profile that’s an admin of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram business profile.
How to Enable Permissions
Do you see Enable Permissions next to your Instagram profile? That means you've set up Auto Publish but haven’t granted Later the right permissions. Here’s how to fix this:
- Click the Enable Permissions button next to your Instagram profile.
- In the pop-up, log in to the Facebook account connected to your Instagram business profile. Make sure this account is an Admin for the connected Facebook page.
- When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose what you allow and grant Later all permissions to all your pages. (Make sure you expand all sections and select all pages.)
Still having trouble refreshing your Instagram connection? Try resetting your connection between Facebook and Later.