Looking to schedule posts on the go? This article will outline how it’s done.
Note: If the steps or images in this guide don’t match your app, please ensure you’re using the most recent version of the Later mobile app.
Schedule Posts on iOS
- From the Schedule tab, click the create-post button in the bottom right
Tip: You can also start a post by long-pressing any open time slot in the Calendar view
- Select the profile(s) you want to schedule to
Note: To schedule for multiple profiles, tap the currently-selected profile at the top of the Post Builder, then select any additional profiles by tapping the checkboxes on the right-hand side. Learn more
- Add your caption and hashtags. You can add a Saved Caption by clicking the Saved Captions icon
- If you want to add media, tap +
- Tap a media item, or tap Select to choose multiple items for a Multi-Photo post
Note: Videos will be grayed out if the selected social profile(s) don't support video scheduling
- Optional edits:
- Tap a photo to crop it (not available for video)
- Tap x to remove media
- Tap, hold, and drag media to rearrange your post
- For Instagram posts you can add a Linkin.bio link, and for Auto Publish posts:
- A First Comment
- A location tag
- User tags
- Select a date and time for publishing, or tap Publish Now to publish the post immediately
- Tap Schedule Post
How Are Posts Published?
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn posts will go live at their scheduled time. Nothing further needed from you.
Instagram and TikTok posts:
- Posts set to Auto Publish (available to Instagram business profiles and TikTok Business Accounts only) will be automatically published at their scheduled time, or you can publish manually through notification publishing if you prefer.
- Instagram personal and creator profiles and TikTok Personal Accounts must use notification publishing. See how to publish Instagram posts using notification publishing
Note: Auto Publish for TikTok is currently not available on Android