Instagram business profiles can automatically publish single image and video posts to Instagram using Later. But before you can automatically publish your Instagram posts, you’ll need to enable Auto Publish.
- Only the Later account owner can enable Auto Publish.
- You can enable Auto Publish through Later on the web or Later’s iOS and Android apps. (If you don’t see the option to enable Auto Publish on your mobile app, be sure you app is up-to-date).
- If you’re already signed into a Facebook or Instagram account, Later will automatically connect with it during this process. Ensure these are the correct accounts, or use an incognito window for setup.
What’s Needed to Enable Auto Publish
To set up Auto Publish, there are 3 things you must have:
- An Instagram business profile. Creator and personal profiles can’t Auto Publish. Learn more
- A Facebook Page connected to your Instagram profile. See how this is done
- Admin or Editor access to the connected Facebook Page. See How to confirm your Page roles
If you meet the requirements above, you can enable Auto Publishing now using the steps below!
Using the Later mobile app? Jump to Setting Up Auto Publish on Mobile
Setting Up Auto Publish on the Web
Here’s how to enable Auto Publishing from Later on the web:
- Sign in to Later on the web.
- Go to Settings > Social Sets & Access Groups.
- Select the Access Group with the relevant Instagram profile.
- Click Enable next to your Instagram profile.
- In the pop-up, log in to the Facebook account connected to your Instagram business profile. Make sure this account is an Admin or Editor for the connected Facebook page.
No pop-up? If no Facebook pop-up appears when clicking Enable, you may have a pop-up blocker enabled. Allow pop-ups from Later and try again.
- When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose what you allow and grant Later all permissions to all your pages.
Important: You must grant Later all permissions to all of your pages to avoid connection issues. If this hasn’t been done, you may experience:
To fix this, click Enable permissions or Refresh and follow steps 5 and 6 above to grant Later all permissions.
That’s it! You’ve enabled Auto Publishing for Instagram. Future posts you schedule will be set to Auto Publish by default.
If you’ve already scheduled posts, you’ll need to switch them to Auto Publish now.
Run into issues with the setup? Check out Troubleshooting Auto Publishing for Instagram
Setting Up Auto Publish on Mobile
If you have an Instagram business profile, you can also enable Auto Publish through Later’s iOS and Android apps. (If you don’t see the option to enable Auto Publish on your mobile app, be sure your app is up-to-date). Here’s how:
- Go to Account > Auto Publish Settings.
- Tap Enable next to the Instagram business profile you want to set up Auto Publish for.
- Log in to the Facebook account linked to your Instagram business profile to complete setup.
Important: Make sure to log in to the Facebook profile that’s an admin of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram business profile. If your Instagram business profile isn’t connected to a Facebook Page, we’ll get you to connect to one or create one.
Note: If you have a personal or creator profile, you must switch to a business profile through the Instagram app if you want to set up Auto Publish. If you’ve switched to a business profile and your profile is still showing up as a personal or creator profile in the Later mobile app, go to Later on the web to set up Auto Publish.
Troubleshooting Auto Publishing for Instagram
How to Switch an Instagram Post Between Auto Publish and Notification Publishing
What's the Difference Between Auto Publish & Notification Posts?