In this Article:
Instagram business profiles can automatically publish single image and video posts to Instagram using Later. Before you can automatically publish your Instagram posts, you’ll need to set up Auto Publish.
- You must have an Instagram business profile to set up Auto Publish. Personal and creator profiles can’t Auto Publish to Instagram.
- You can set up Auto Publish through Later on the web or Later’s iOS and Android apps. (Note: you may not see the option to set up Auto Publish on mobile right now, as this will be released to everyone by Oct. 27, 2020).
- Only the Later account owner can set up Auto Publish.
What You Need to Set Up Auto Publish
To set up Auto Publish, you need:
- An Instagram business profile that's connected to a Facebook Page (the connections must appear on both your Instagram profile and Facebook Page)
- Admin access to the connected Facebook Page.
Don’t have an Instagram business profile? Set one up or switch your personal or creator profile to a business profile.
Not sure if you have the right access to the Facebook Page? Check your role on the page.
Setting Up Auto Publish on the Web
If you meet the Auto Publishing requirements above, here's how you can enable it on the web.
- Sign in to Later on the web.
- Go to Settings > Social Sets & Access Groups.
- Select the Access Group with the relevant Instagram profile.
- Click Enable next to your Instagram profile.
- In the pop-up, log in to the Facebook account connected to your Instagram business profile. Make sure this account is an Admin for the connected Facebook page.
- When prompted to give Facebook access to Later, click Choose what you allow and grant Later all permissions to all your pages. (Make sure you expand all sections and select all pages.)
Important: Make sure your pop-up blockers are disabled.
That’s it! You’ve enabled Auto Publishing for Instagram.
Important: If you don’t grant Later all permissions to all your pages, you may see Enable Permissions next to your Instagram profile after setting up Auto Publish. Click Enable Permissions and follow steps 5 and 6 above to grant Later all permissions.
Setting Up Auto Publish on Mobile
If you have an Instagram business profile, you can also enable Auto Publish through Later’s iOS and Android apps. (Note: this feature will be released to everyone by Oct. 27, 2020, so you may not see it right now.) Here’s how:
- Go to Account > Auto Publish Settings.
- Tap Enable next to the Instagram business profile you want to set up Auto Publish for.
- Log in to the Facebook account linked to your Instagram business profile to complete setup.
Important: Make sure to log in to the Facebook profile that’s an admin of the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram business profile. If your Instagram business profile isn’t connected to a Facebook Page, we’ll get you to connect to one or create one.
Note: If you have a personal or creator profile, you must switch to a business profile through the Instagram app if you want to set up Auto Publish. If you’ve switched to a business profile and your profile is still showing up as a personal or creator profile in the Later mobile app, go to Later on the web to set up Auto Publish.
Changing Scheduled Posts to Auto Publish
Once you enable Auto Publish, any posts you schedule going forward will default to Auto Publish.
Once you enable Auto Publishing, any posts you schedule going forward will default to Auto Publish.
To change your previously scheduled posts from Notification to Auto Publish, open up each post in the Calendar and change Notification to Auto Publish.
Still need help? Check out the video below or this guide on troubleshooting Auto Publish setup.