Later’s Best Time to Post feature analyzes your Instagram post and profile data, then highlights your best days and times to post on the Calendar.
- Best Time to Post is available on Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans
- Best Time to Post is available on the web only
- You must be using an Instagram business or creator profile
- You have to enable Best Time to Post to see your best times on the Calendar
- Best Time to Post is only shown on the weekly view of the Calendar
- Legacy plan users can only enable Best Time to Post data if you have 50 or more feed posts in the last 6 months, excluding the most recent 2 weeks. Due to Instagram limitations, Reels don't count towards your 50 needed posts.
How It Works
Later looks at data from your previous Instagram posts to predict when you’re likely to get the most engagement. This is based on:
- Post Engagement data from the last 6 months (up to 50 most recent posts)
For users who are on a current Starter, Growth, or Advanced plan, and have more than 100 followers, we’ve enhanced our predictions using even more data, including:
- Your followers’ activity and demographics
- Industry data
- Profile stats
- And more
When enabled, we’ll display highlighted boxes on your Calendar in these time slots, so you know your Best Time to Post!
How to Enable Best Time to Post
- At the top of the Calendar, select the Instagram profile you’d like to enable Best Time to Post for
- Click the gear icon at the top right of the Calendar to open Calendar Settings
Under Best Time to Post, if it’s your first time enabling, click Generate Best Times to Post
Note: Don’t see Best Time to Post? Make sure you’ve selected a single Instagram profile on your Calendar.
When your best posting times have been found, toggle on the feature to have them applied to your Calendar
- Refresh your Calendar and you’ll see your Best Time to Post time slots highlighted
Important: It may take up to 1 hour for us to calculate your Best Time to Post data. Refresh your Calendar if you still don’t see your Best Time to Post time slots after an hour.
Remove Best Times to Post From the Calendar
To remove the Best Time to Post time slots from the Calendar, to go to the Calendar settings and toggle off Best Time to Post.
Troubleshooting Best Time to Post