TikTok has 2 different types of accounts: Business and Personal. Due to TikTok’s API restrictions, each account type has access to different features in Later.
TikTok Business Accounts
TikTok’s API gives Business Accounts more abilities than Personal Accounts. Because of this, TikTok Business Accounts have access to more features in Later.
What Business Accounts Can Do
- Auto Publish videos to TikTok
- Access TikTok Analytics (paid plans only)
- Manage TikTok comments with Conversations (Growth and Advanced plans only)
- Display a business email in their TikTok profile
Want to switch to a TikTok Business Account? Learn how to switch.
TikTok Personal Accounts
TikTok Personal Accounts are the only type of account that can go private on TikTok, but they have fewer capabilities granted to them via the API.
What Personal Accounts Can Do
- Publish videos to TikTok using notification publishing
- Set their account to private on TikTok (meaning only people they approve can follow them and view their videos, bio, and likes as well as their following and followers lists)
TikTok Personal Accounts cannot Auto Publish videos, access TikTok Analytics, or manage their TikTok comments via Conversations. To access these features in Later, consider switching to a TikTok Business Account.