Due to limitations from Instagram, we do not currently support alt text scheduling in Later.
That said, we understand the importance of accessibility, and hope to bring alt text for our other platforms in a not-so-distant future.
Alternatives for Scheduling Instagram Alt Text with Later
If you’re keen to plan your Instagram alt text ahead of time in Later, consider one of these methods.
Use notification publishing:
Using notification publishing will allow you to add your alt text to your clipboard. You can then paste the text in the alt text field when publishing manually. Here's how:
- In the Post Builder, select Send Notification
- Add your alt-text as part of your post caption to be copied to your clipboard
- In Instagram, paste your caption in the caption field
- Delete the alt-text from the caption
- Tap Advanced Settings > Write Alt Text
- Paste your caption again, but this time delete the caption section
Add the image description to the caption:
By adding the alt text directly into your caption, it'll be easily read by screen readers and accessibility tools. This can be done with Auto Publishing and notification publishing. Here’s how: