This article will outline how to switch a post from notification publishing to Auto Publish, and vice versa.
If you’re not familiar with the difference between Auto Publish and notification publishing, check out What's the Difference Between Auto Publish & Notification Posts?
- Only Instagram Business Profiles are able to Auto Publish. Creator and personal profiles are restricted to notification publishing. Learn more
- Auto Publish must be enabled before you’re able to use it. See How to Enable Auto Publishing for Instagram if needed.
- Carousel (Multi-Photo) posts and Stories must be posted using notification publishing
How To Change Your Posting Method
If you’ve enabled Auto Publishing, you can switch an Instagram post between Auto Publishing and notification publishing at any time. Here’s how:
- Create a post or open a post that is not yet published from your Later Calendar
- At the bottom of the post editor, click the current posting method
- Click your preferred posting method
Auto Publish Option Not Shown
If you're not shown the option to Auto Publish in the post builder, it’s likely that one of the following is true:
- You’re posting a Multi-Photo (carousel) post or an Instagram Story. Due to Instagram restrictions, these post types can’t be auto published.
- You haven't enabled Auto Publish or you need to refresh your profile.
- You’re creating/editing a post that isn’t for Instagram. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest post automatically once the profile is connected. Notification publishing is only available for Instagram and TikTok.
- You’re creating/editing a TikTok. TikTok posts must use notification publishing.