Transferring a Social Profile from Another Account
When transferring a social profile from another Later account the data associated with that profile will be transferred as well. This includes:
- Scheduled posts
- Analytics data
- Linkin.bio links
Note: Media library items aren’t able to be transferred between Later accounts.
In many cases, transferring a profile is as easy as adding it to your Later account. If you are looking to transfer a profile now, please follow these steps for adding a profile to your account.
If the profile is already connected to another Later account, you'll be asked to confirm the transfer. Click Transfer Profile to continue.
What to Do When a Social Profile Can’t Be Transferred
Some social profiles can’t be transferred manually within Later. If you can't add a profile because it's connected to another account, these steps can help:
- If you know the admin of the Later account currently connected to the profile, ask them to remove that profile from their Later account, then try again.
- If the above is not an option, we can disconnect the profile for you manually after a security check. Below are the steps for reaching out, based on the social platform you are trying to transfer.
- Please send an Instagram Direct Message (DM) from the profile you are looking to transfer, to @laterprofileconfirmation. In your message please include the admin email address on your Later account
- Send an email from the admin email mentioned in your DM to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know the Instagram handle you have sent the DM from.
Once we have received the above, we will reach out via email to your admin email address to confirm next steps.
Send a screen recording of the Page Roles settings of the page to email@example.com. Here’s how:
- Go to the Facebook page you’re looking to transfer
- Select Settings > Manage Page Roles from the left sidebar
- Take a screen capture video scrolling through this entire page.
Tip: You can use loom.com if you don’t have a preferred screen capture tool.
Twitter & Pinterest:
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance disconnecting Twitter and Pinterest profiles.