In this Article:
There have been some updates to our Search by Hashtag and Add from URL features:
- Search by Hashtag: We can no longer pull in the username of the original content creator for Search by Hashtag posts due to limitations from Instagram.
- Add from URL: You may see some changes to the results you get when using Add from URL due to more sites requiring logins to access content.
Search by Hashtag
- We can no longer pull in the username of the original content creator for any Search by Hashtag posts
- The original content creator’s username will no longer be added to your media notes when you add media to your Media Library
How to Get the Username for a Search by Hashtag Post
Here are a couple of ways to get the username for a Search by Hashtag post:
- After you add media to your library, the original link of the Instagram post will be in the media notes. Copy and paste this link in another tab to get the content creator’s username.
- If you want to see the username before adding media to your library, click View on Instagram to see the original post on Instagram.
Remember, always ask for permission to repost content that you don’t own. Not sure how to ask for permission? Check out our tips.
Add from URL
More sites are requiring a login to access content, so you may see changes to the results you get when using Add from URL.
If you enter a URL from a site that requires a login to access content, you won’t get any results—even if you’re logged in to that site. For example, Instagram, certain eCommerce sites, and some news outlets require a login to access content—so we won’t be able to show any results for those sites in Add from URL.
How You Can Use Add from URL
You can use Add from URL to add media from other public websites and links that don’t require a login. For example, use Add from URL to:
- Grab photos from your blog so you don’t have to look for them in your computer
- Add royalty-free photos from photo libraries on the web
- Get photos from your business’s website
Other Ways to Collect Media
Don’t forget about Later’s other Collect features.
Use Mentions to find Instagram posts that mention your profile in their captions. You’ll see when your audience is talking about you and be able to collect media at the same time. Mentions is available for Instagram business profiles.
Use Tags to find posts you’ve been tagged in on Instagram. You’ll find relevant, on-brand content that your audience has tagged you in. Tags is available for Instagram business profiles.
Use Contributors to collect media from your top content creators. Invite contributors to send you media via email or their own Contributors account.
Remember, always ask for permission to repost content that you don’t own.
How to Collect Images from URLs
How to Search Instagram Posts by Hashtag
How to Collect Media from Your Instagram Mentions
How to Collect Media from Instagram Posts You’re Tagged In
How to Collect Media from Contributors