With Instagram business profiles users get access to a ton of advanced features, on Later.
Benefits that come with an Instagram business profile are rooted in the fact that Instagram’s API grants access to more capabilities for business profiles than it does for personal profiles.
Once you switch to a business profile, Instagram will grant you access to native in-app features like analytics, shopping links, contact links and more!
With Later, switching from a personal profile to an Instagram business profile, means you'll unlock access to additional features and have the ability to do much more with your Later account.
Here’s what you unlock with an Instagram business profile:
#1 Auto Publishing Instagram Posts
With an Instagram business profile, you can set up Auto Publishing for single photo and video posts on Later. That means once you set up Auto Publishing for your scheduled posts, Later will automatically publish for you!
Auto Publishing only works for single photo and video posts, because Instagram does not support this feature for carousel posts. You will still need to publish those posts via Later’s notification method.
Auto Publishing is available for business profiles on all Later plans including the free plan. Learn more about how it works here.
#2 User & Location Tagging
Single image posts set up for Auto Publishing on Premium, Starter, and Brand Plans have access to user & location tagging. Video posts on Business plans have access to location tagging.
#3 Instagram Analytics
Optimize your content and grow your following with a comprehensive look into your Instagram analytics and track your referral traffic from Instagram with click analytics for Linkin.bio.
- Automatically calculate your engagement rate
- Track Instagram Stories views and engagement data for up to 3 months
- Use demographics data like age and gender to guide your content strategy
- See when your audience is most active on Instagram
#4 Managing your Instagram Comments with Conversations
Reply to all your Instagram comments right from your Later account on the web. Manage and engage your audience with ease from the comfort of your desktop, without having to leave your Later account.
Only Instagram Business profiles on Premium, Starter, or Brand Plans have access to Later’s Conversations feature.
#5 Find & Share User-Generated Content Right from Your Desktop with Later’s Collect Features
Later’s Collect Features make it easy to use user-generated content for your social marketing strategy.
- Tags & Mentions: collect content from Instagram posts that tagged your profile or from captions that mentioned your profile. Then add them right into your Media Library to repost later.
- Search by Hashtag: find relevant content by searching specific hashtags. When you find content that’s perfect for your feed, just save it directly to your Media Library so you can easily schedule it later.
Leverage your Instagram community and repost their on-brand and already-created content, instead of constantly creating new photos and videos to post to Instagram. It’s a win-win: you can reuse content, and your community gets exposure when you feature them in your Instagram feed.
Note: Later adds the original poster’s caption and Instagram handle into the notes of any media item added from Hashtag Search, Mentioned Media & tagged media so that you can easily give the correct credit when reposting UGC.
Ready to make the switch from a personal Instagram profile to a business profile and unlock more features? Here’s how:
How to Create an Instagram Business Profile:
Now that you’re up-to-speed on the benefits of Instagram business profiles, it’s time to make the switch! Luckily, switching to an Instagram business profile is actually very simple and can be done within the mobile app:
- In the Instagram mobile app, go to your profile.
- Tap ☰ in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings > Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account or Get More Tools at the bottom.
- When asked, Which Best Describes You?, tap Business and Continue.
- Connect your Instagram business profile to an existing Facebook Page or create a new Facebook Page.
- Review your business contact information and tap Done.
How to Switch to an Instagram Business Profile Video:
Watch the video below to see all of the benefits of having a Business Instagram Profile and how to make the quick switch!