In this Article:
Whether you’re just getting started or need a little refresher, this guide will help you out. We’ll walk you through scheduling, publishing, and some key features of Later to make sure you get the most out of Later.
With Later, you can visually plan and schedule posts for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Best of all, we have plans for everyone—including a Free plan.
Upload Photos and Videos
Later lets you upload and store as many photos and videos as you like—even if you’re on a Free plan. Bulk upload media from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive into your Later Media Library. Then add labels and Media Notes to keep things organized.
Plan and Schedule a Week of Posts
Later helps you plan your entire week (or month) from your computer so you can schedule posts in advance and forget about them. Here’s a quick look at how to schedule posts from Later on the web:
- Select a media item and click Create Post, or drag and drop media from your Media Library onto your Calendar.
- Edit your photo, write a caption, add hashtags, and schedule your post.
Publish Your Posts
Later offers two ways of publishing—Auto Publish and notification publishing.
Your post will automatically be published at your scheduled time. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest posts are always Auto Published.
To Auto Publish to Instagram, you’ll need an Instagram business profile. Set up Auto Publish first to automatically publish single-image and video posts to Instagram.
When you receive a notification to publish:
- Open the push notification on your mobile device.
- Tap Open in Instagram (or Copy to Instagram on iOS).
- Paste in the caption we copied for you.
- Publish your post.
When scheduling an Instagram post, you can set the publishing method. But certain posts must be published through push notifications due to Instagram limitations. These include:
Get More Out of Later
Once you’ve gotten the hang of planning, scheduling, and publishing with Later, you’ll find a lot more you can do:
- Spend less time scheduling to Instagram with Quick Schedule
- Plan the look of your Instagram feed with the Visual Instagram Planner
- Save frequently used hashtags in Saved Captions
- Tag users and locations in Instagram posts
- Add hashtags to your Instagram first comment to keep the caption clean
- Track performance and growth with Instagram Analytics
- Optimize your Instagram posting times with Best Time to Post
- Create a clickable landing page that looks just like your Instagram feed with Linkin.bio
Looking for more tips on getting started? Check out our in-depth guide to getting started with Later.
How to Add or Remove Social Profiles
What is the Media Library?
How to Set Up Auto Publishing for Instagram
How to Schedule and Publish Instagram Posts with Later
How to Publish Instagram Posts Through Push Notifications