To upload videos to Later there are a few requirements that must be met. Here we’ll outline what’s needed, and provide troubleshooting tips for video upload issues.
Video Format Requirements
To upload videos to Later they must meet our file type and size requirements.
Videos must be:
- 512MB or smaller for paid plans and 256MB or smaller for Free plans
- One of the following file types: MP4, MOV, QuickTime, 3GP, AAC, AVI, MPEG-2
- If you’re having trouble with a MOV file, you may need to convert it before uploading
- Later does not support Apple ProRes files
To upload videos to Later, you’ll need an upload speed of 10MB per second or faster.
Here's a great online tool to help you measure your internet speed.
Video Troubleshooting Tips
If your video won't upload, try these tips:
- If you’re uploading from Google Drive or Dropbox, download the video to your computer first and upload it from there
- Make sure your browser's pop-up blockers are turned off, as this can interfere with uploads
- Try converting your file to another supported file type (we suggest MP4)
- Make sure your video isn’t exported in Apple ProRes format
- Test your internet connection. Upload speeds under 10Mbps are too slow to upload videos.