Looking to schedule on the go? Here's how to schedule Instagram posts from the iOS app!
Step 1: Go to your Media Library
- From the Media tab you can access your photos and videos
- Or you can upload media by tapping the + button
Step 2: Schedule your Post
- Find the media item you want to schedule - you can schedule both used and unused media
- Select the media item and click Create Post.
- Select the profile you'd like to schedule for
- Edit your post:
- Select Auto Publish or notification publishing
- Add your caption or select a Saved Caption
- Edit your Crop
- Add Linkin.bio links
- Add First Comment
- Tag Users
- Once you're done editing, tap the Next button and choose to Post Now or Pick a Time
Important: Due to recent changes made by Instagram/Facebook, location tagging is currently unavailable in the mobile app. Please use the Web app to add your location tags.
Tag Users when Auto Publishing to Instagram
Note: due to Instagram's API restrictions users can only be tagged on Auto Published posts
- Select Tag User
- Tap anywhere on the image
- Carefully write in the username of the Instagram profile you'd like to tag
- Click Done or Add
- Press Save
- To remove the tag return to the Tag User window, click Edit next to the user tag, click into the image, and then select Delete Tagged User.
Schedule Multi-Photo Post to Instagram (Carousel)
You can also schedule Multi-photo posts from your Later mobile app!
- From the Media tab hit Select
- Choose the photos you want to add to your carousel post
- Hit Create Post
- Rearrange the order of the photos, add a caption, crop etc
Now publish your multi-photo posts!
Important: Multi-photo posts cannot be auto published to Instagram so make sure to go through Later's mobile notification to publish. Video posts can be scheduled to Auto Publish through the web.