This article will outline how to schedule posts from your Android phone on the go.
Note: If the steps or images in this guide don’t match your app, please ensure you’re using the most recent version of the Later mobile app.
Schedule Posts on Android
- From the Schedule tab, click the create-post button in the bottom right
Tip: You can also start a post by long-pressing any open time slot in the Calendar view
- From the top of the Post Builder, select the social profile you want to schedule to
Note: Scheduling to multiple social profiles is not currently available on Android. Posts for each profile must be scheduled individually at this time.
- For Instagram posts, under the profile selector, select whether you are creating a Feed Post or Reel
- For Pinterest posts, under the profile selector, select the Board you are scheduling your Pin to
- Add media by tapping +
Note: Videos will be grayed out if the selected social profile(s) don't support video scheduling
- Tap + again to select additional media items for a Multi-Photo post
- Optional edits:
- Tap a photo to crop it (not available for video)
- Tap x to remove media
- Tap, hold, and drag media to rearrange your post
- Add your caption and hashtags
- You can add a Saved Caption by clicking the Saved Captions icon
- For Instagram feed posts (not Reels), you can add a Linkin.bio link, and for Auto Publish posts:
Note: Linkin.bio links for TikTok posts and Instagram Reels cannot be added when scheduling through mobile at this time
- A First Comment
- A location tag
- User tags
- For TikTok Auto Publish posts, use the toggles to:
- Allow Comments
- Allow Duets
- Allow Stitches
- If Auto Publish is enabled on your account, Instagram and TikTok posts will be scheduled for Auto Publish by default. Tap Change to switch to notification publishing
- Next to No Time Selected, tap Change to select a date and time for publishing
- Tap Schedule Post or Save as Draft
- You can find your draft posts in-app by tapping Schedule > List > Drafts
Copy Posts on Android
Want to duplicate a post? Here’s how:
- From the Calendar or List page on the Later Android app, tap the post you wish to copy
- Tap the 3 dots (…) in the top right
- Tap Copy Post
- Select the profile to which you want to copy it
- The Post Builder will open with a duplicate of that post
- From here you can edit and schedule your post like normal
Note: Instagram Story posts can’t be copied.
How Are Posts Published?
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn posts will go live at their scheduled time. Nothing further needed from you.
Instagram and TikTok posts:
- Posts set to Auto Publish (available to Instagram business profiles and TikTok Business Accounts only) will be automatically published at their scheduled time, or you can publish manually through notification publishing if you prefer.
- Instagram personal and creator profiles and TikTok Personal Accounts must use notification publishing. See how to publish Instagram posts using notification publishing