The moment we've all been waiting for!
Instagram released a new version of their API (Application Program Interface) that allows Instagram business profiles to automatically publish single image and video posts.
If you have an Instagram business profile set up, you can now plan and schedule your post with Later and we will do the heavy lifting and automatically publish for you!
Important: Auto publishing is available for all Later plans, including our free plan! Video Auto Publishing is only available on our paid plans.
Here we will cover Instagram's restrictions and limitations:
- You must have an Instagram business profile set up to auto publish and admin access to the connected Facebook Page
- Only single image and video posts can be auto published
- Single images must be Square mode, Portrait or Landscape 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Videos must be between 3-60 seconds in length and 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio
- Multi-photo (carousel) posts will still be required to publish via a mobile notification
- Tags, geo-locations, filters and first comments can not be auto published.
- Spaces and lines added to captions will not be preserved by Instagram
To start auto publishing to Instagram with Later, head over to Later on the web and enable Auto Publishing.
Publishing to Instagram via Later's Mobile Notifications:
Although auto publishing is available, there are certain cases where you will still need to publish to Instagram via Later's mobile notification:
Important: these are Instagram's API limitations, and Later cannot circumvent them.
- If you do not have an Instagram business profile set up
- If you're posting carousel posts (paid plans only)
- If you want to add tags, geo locations, or filters to your post
Posting via Mobile Notification
You will receive a push notification on your mobile phone when it’s time to publish your post. The notification will open your photo or video in the Instagram app -- just hit “paste” in the caption field, and then publish your post.
First, make sure to head over to your mobile device and download the Later app and turn on all your notifications!