Contributors is a media submission tool that makes it easy to collect images and videos from photographers, influencers, and other content creators.
- Contributors is only available on Later's Growth and Advanced plans.
- This feature is not supported through our iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Your Contributors can you send images up to 25MB, but they must meet our image format guidelines.
- Videos can only be submitted through a Contributor Later account, not through email submission.
How Contributors Works
- Invite anyone to submit media, even if they don’t have a Later account
- Your Contributors can send images to your own personalized submission email
- Your Contributors can submit video and images by setting up a Contributor Later account
- You can create a separate submission email address for each Group in your account
- Images sent to your submission email address will show up in your Contributions in Later
- Media notes can be added by Contributors when submitting media with a Later account, or by adding text within the email submission
- When you receive Contributions, select the media you want to keep and discard
- You can add media directly to your Media Library
Step 1: Create Your Personalized Submission Email Address
Set up a unique email address that your Contributors can send images to.
- Go to Later on the web
- Click Media > Contributors > Get Started
- Choose a handle for your email address
- Your email handle can only have letters, numbers, and underscores.
Step 2: Invite Contributors
- Invite people to contribute media through your newly created email address
- Separate multiple email addresses with commas
A Contributor doesn’t need a Later account to send you images, but they’ll be invited to set up Later account with a Contributor view.
If your Contributor creates a Later account with a Contributor view, they’ll be able to send you images and video through the Later web app.
Step 3: Add and Discard Contributions
When your Contributors send you media, it will show up in your Contributions. You can then add Contributions to your Media Library or discard them.
- Go to Pending Contributions to see newly submitted media.
- Select the media items you want to add to your Media Library (or click Select All) and then click Add to Library.
- Contributions that you add to your Media Library will be labelled contribution. They will include the email address of the Contributor in the Notes.
- To discard a Contribution, click on it and then Discard.
Step 4: Manage your Contributors
Want to invite more Contributors? Here’s how.
- Under My Contributors, click Manage Contributors.
- To add Contributors, enter their email addresses in the Invite People field.
- To remove a Contributor, click Remove beside the Contributor.