In this Article:
Set up mobile notifications so you can publish Notification posts through Later’s iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Unless you're Auto Publishing posts, Instagram requires you to post through their mobile app.
- Instagram creator and personal profiles can only publish through mobile notifications.
- Instagram Stories and Multi-Photo posts can only be published through mobile notifications.
- Instagram business profiles don’t need the mobile app to Auto Publish single image and video posts.
Setting Up Mobile Notifications on iOS
To enable Later mobile notifications on your iPhone or iPad:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Go to Notifications > Later.
- Select the notifications you’d like to receive
Important: If you're an iOS user you may want to choose the Persistent Banner Style. Temporary banners flash and disappear quickly, so you may miss your notification!
Setting Up Mobile Notifications on Android
Unlike iOS, settings on each Android device can look a little different. Here are general instructions to enable Later mobile notifications on Android devices.
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Go to "Apps, Notifications, Permissions," "App Notifications," or "Apps."
- Find Later and go to the Apps Settings section.
- Make sure notifications are enabled.
Setting Up Mobile Notifications from Later on the Web
To set up Later mobile notifications on the web, or to send a test notification:
- Sign in to Later on the Web.
- Go to Settings > Social Sets & Access Groups.
- Find the Access Group with the social profile you want to enable notifications for and click Details.
- Click Edit next to the relevant social profile.
- Click Devices to Notify.
Here you’ll see a list of all the devices connected to your Later Account. Simply select the device(s) you'd like to be notified on when it's time to post.