Using the Later Post Builder, you can easily schedule all your social media posts. This article will show you how it’s done.
With the Post Builder, you can:
- Schedule for one or multiple social profiles within an Access Group
- Schedule posts for all social platforms supported by Later
- Schedule single media and Multi-Photo (carousel) posts
Keep in mind that each social platform has its own requirements, so customization for each platform may be required.
Step 1 - Choose Your Social Profile
In Later on the web, Choose the social profile you want to schedule for at the top of the Calendar.
Step 2 - Choose Your Media
From the Side Library, drag and drop the media for your post onto the Calendar.
You can select one image or video, or select multiple media items by clicking the checkmark on the media, then dragging.
Step 3 - Add Your Caption
Step 4 - Customize Your Post
Now you’ll customize your post. You can:
- Adjust your publishing time
- Add filters and crops to images by clicking Edit Image
- Trim and crop video by clicking Edit Video
- Add Linkin.bio links (Instagram & TikTok only)
And for Instagram posts:
- Choose your publishing method for single image and video posts
- Tag locations and users (when Auto Publishing on paid plans)
- Schedule a First Comment (when Auto Publishing on paid plans)
- Choose a video thumbnail (for Auto Publish posts)
Click Save and you’re done!
Note: If you want to edit your post any time before publishing, click the post on the calendar to reopen the Post Builder.
How Are Posts Published?
Tweets, Pins, Facebook, and LinkedIn posts will go live at their scheduled time. Nothing further needed from you.
- Single image and video posts set to Auto Publish (available to Instagram business profiles only) will be automatically published at their scheduled time. Or you can publish manually through notification publishing if you prefer.
- Personal and creator profiles must use notification publishing. See how to publish Instagram posts using notification publishing
- Multi-Photo (carousel) posts must also use notification publishing. See how to publish multi-photo posts
- TikTok posts must be published using notification publishing. See how to publish TikTok posts.