Using the Later Post Builder, you can easily schedule all your social media posts. This article will show you how it’s done.
With the Post Builder, you can:
- Schedule for one or multiple social profiles within an Access Group
- Schedule posts for all social platforms supported by Later
- Schedule single media and Multi-Photo (carousel) posts
- Save posts as drafts to revisit later (paid plans only)
Keep in mind that each social platform has its own requirements, so customization for each platform may be required.
Step 1 - Choose Your Social Profile
In Later on the web, Choose the social profile you want to schedule for at the top of the Calendar.
Step 2 - Choose Your Media
From the Side Library, drag and drop the media for your post onto the Calendar.
You can select one image or video, or select multiple media items by clicking the checkmark on the media, then dragging.
Step 3 - Add Your Caption
Step 4 - Customize Your Post
Now you’ll customize your post. You can:
- Adjust your publishing time
- Add filters and crops to images by clicking Edit Image
- Trim and crop video by clicking Edit Video
- Add Linkin.bio links (Instagram & TikTok only)
- Choose your publishing method (Instagram & TikTok only)
And for Instagram posts:
- Tag locations and users (when Auto Publishing on Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans)
- Schedule a First Comment (when Auto Publishing on Starter, Growth, and Advanced plans)
- Choose a video thumbnail (for Auto Publish posts)
Click Schedule Post and you’re done! Alternatively, click the down arrow next to the Schedule Post button and click Save as Draft to save your post without scheduling it for publishing.
How Are Posts Published?
Tweets, Pins, Facebook, and LinkedIn posts will go live at their scheduled time. Nothing further needed from you.
Instagram and TikTok posts:
- Posts set to Auto Publish (available to Instagram business profiles and TikTok Business Accounts only) will be automatically published at their scheduled time, or you can publish manually through notification publishing if you prefer.
- Instagram personal and creator profiles and TikTok Personal Accounts must use notification publishing. See how to publish posts using notification publishing
Schedule & Publish Instagram Stories