Set Up Linkin.bio for your Instagram
What is Linkin.bio?
Linkin.bio is a page that helps you direct your Instagram audience to the right products and content right from your Instagram Bio by building a clickable, shoppable feed that resembles your Instagram. Plus with Later's Pro Instagram Analytics you can begin monitoring the incoming traffic from your Linkin.bio page to your website to see the total number of clicks, views and average clicks per post.
How it works:
- Linkin.bio must be added as the link on your Instagram profile bio
- The Linkin.bio link directs followers to a web and mobile optimized landing page that displays your Instagram posts as clickable images
- You add links to the Instagram posts you schedule through Later
- Each posts becomes clickable and links to a web page of your choice
- Monitor the clicks on your Linkin.bio page with Later Linkin.bio Analytics
Important: Follow all the steps below, but most importantly, don't forget to add your Linkin.bio link in your Instagram Biography.
Step 1: Setup your Linkin.bio
Go to your Social Profiles & Groups page and go into the group that contains your Instagram account.
Next click on the Instagram account to open up the menu and click Linkin.bio
From this page:
- enable the Linkin.bio page
- add the text for you website button
- add a link to your website.
Step 2: Build your Linkin.bio page
Tip: No one likes a blank page, so before giving your followers access to your Linkin.bio page, make sure to post at least 9 photos with a linkin.bio link!
Add links to your posts:
When scheduling your posts from Later, add links to each one of your posts. To populate your Linkin.bio quicker, start by adding links to your old posts!
Go to your Calendar page and from here you can either:
- Select a post on the content calendar that is already scheduled or posted from Later and add the link in the Linkin.bio field
2. Create a new post and add the link you want to direct your audience to ex. later.com
3. Next, click Save to save the changes and you’re done!
Tip: Save time by skipping the http:// or www. Simply type in the main url and the domain ex. later.com
Once you’ve added links to at least 9 of your post, you are ready to make your Linkin.bio page live!
Step 3: Add your Linkin.bio link in your Instagram Profile
IMPORTANT: Now add your linkin.bio page to your Instagram Instagram Biography.
The Url link will be formatted like this: linkin.bio/<your IG profile>
Tip: Click Preview to see what your Linkin.bio page will look like
Finally, go to your Instagram Profile and add the link in the Instagram Biography.
Step 4: Monitor your Linkin.bio clicks with Analytics
With your Linkin.bio page helping you drive more sales and traffic from your Instagram to your product pages, it’s important to monitor the clicks and visits your Linkin.bio page generates over time. You can find out more about Linkin.bio Analytics here.