Getting Started Guide
If you are getting started or just need a little refresher, the Later Getting Started Guide is just what you need. We’ll walk you through scheduling, publishing and all the key features of Later to make sure you get the most out of your account.
Later is the easiest and safest way for you and your team to schedule, publish and manage multiple accounts. Best of all we have an entirely free plan.
As you are getting up to speed, here are the 3 most important things you need to know about Later:
1. Plan Your Week From Your Computer
Later helps you plan your entire week (or month) from your computer (or mobile app) so you don’t need to think about Instagram all week. Upload your photos or videos from the computer to Later on the web, drag your post on your content calendar, edit the crop and add your caption and hashtags.
2. We Notify You With The Post on Your Mobile
3. Publish safely to Instagram
Once you open the mobile notification you’ll be prompted to open in Instagram. We’ll pass the photo or video to Instagram ready to post
. You’ll need to tap the caption area and hit paste (Tip: long press to paste),
we automatically copy the caption to your clipboard.
Need more help or having problems scheduling and publishing to Instagram using Later? Follow our detailed step by step guide.
Let’s get scheduling your first week of posts. We found that without Later it takes approximately 20-30 minutes to plan and publish 1 post, so let’s start saving you some time and get your life back.
Here are some things you can do with Later that we think you’ll find useful:
- Plan 1 week of posts from your desktop/browser
- Find and add posts to our calendar from your community from our web based Search & Repost
- Add an additional Instagram account
- Use the Instagram Grid Preview to better plan your Instagram feed visual composition
- Upload photos/posts from your phone or computer for later so you have content to schedule when you're ready to do your planning
There are plenty of other things Later does as well but I think if you give the above a try I think you'll find it extremely useful.
Looking for information on free, premium and business plans? Have a look here.
Ever need help, we’ve got an extensive help area, a great blog on Instagram marketing and visual content marketing, and of course you can always get in touch with our amazing team via email or twitter.